RoboCup 2020 Visiting Fellow Program - 2nd Call for Participation - Due Feb. 1
22 Jan 2020
** The following call is for people currently outside of the RoboCup community. **
RoboCup Visiting Fellows Program - Feb. 1st
Ever since 1997, The RoboCup Federation has been holding annual international research competitions and symposia in an effort to push the state of the art in robotics, artificial intelligence, and related fields.
The community remains healthy and vibrant, with students, postdocs, professors, and industry professionals meeting each year to compete and share their knowledge in a wide range of research competitions.
Based on the beliefs that 1) RoboCup is a unique and special community and venue within the research community, and 2) that the only way to fully appreciate what it has to offer is to experience it firsthand, the RCF is pleased to announce a new RoboCup Visiting Fellows program.
Successful applicants will receive:
- full travel support for two people from your home institution and free registration to the 2020 international RoboCup in Bordeaux, France June 23-29, 2020 as an honored guest and observer.
- up to an additional $10k USD in reimbursements of start-up expenses needed to start a new team for entry in 2021 and/or 2022 RoboCup events.
- detailed, behind-the-scenes education about how the RoboCup community works, including meetings with current organizers and participants.
The ideal applicants will be:
- a pair of University faculty and a Ph.D. student or postdoc who have never participated in RoboCup, and are interested in learning about and becoming a part of the community.
- please send your CVs and a 2-page statement of interest that includes research interests, how RoboCup could support those interests, and possible RoboCup league(s) of interest.
- a statement detailing what exposure the applicants have had to RoboCup in the past, if any, as well as a statement of commitment to attend RoboCup in Bordeaux for 6 days, from June 23rd-29th.
We particularly encourage applications from people from underrepresented groups within the RoboCup community based on gender, ethnicity, or geography.
- please send your materials by February 1st to email@example.com
- In addition to attending RoboCup 2020, RoboCup Visiting Fellows will be asked to submit a report within a month after the event summarizing their overall impressions as well as a proposed budget of up to $10k for startup costs of a new team.
We look forward to receiving your applications!
The RoboCup Federation Visiting Fellows Committee